Kentucky Lawmaker Kills Himself Amid Sexual Assault Allegations, Officials Say


A Kentucky state agent blamed for attacking an adolescent young lady killed himself on Wednesday, only two days after the charges were made open, the specialists said.

Delegate Dan Johnson, a first-term Republican, ended his life on an extension in Mount Washington, Ky., as per Sheriff Donnie Tinnell of Bullitt County, who addressed the neighborhood WDRB TV channel. The district coroner, Dave Billings, said that Mr. Johnson “passed on of a solitary gunfire wound” and that it was “a likely suicide.” An examination is to be directed Thursday morning.

On Monday, the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting distributed a broad examination claiming that Mr. Johnson had sexually struck a 17-year-old parishioner at the Heart of Fire Church in close-by Louisville, a fervent church where he was religious administrator.

The parishioner, now 21, said that in the early hours of Jan. 1, 2013, following a New Year’s Eve party at the congregation, she and Mr. Johnson’s little girl rested over at a loft underneath the cooperation corridor. Subsequent to nodding off on a couch, she stated, she woke up to discover Mr. Johnson — who was smashed in the wake of setting off to a bar prior in the night — bowing over her. He continued to kiss her, grab her bosoms under her shirt, put his hand down her jeans and infiltrate her with his finger, she said.

The lady announced the attack to the Louisville Metro Police Department inside long stretches of the scene, however no charges were recorded. In any case, her record was certified by relatives, by her advisor’s notes from the primary portion of 2013 and by Facebook messages she traded with Mr. Johnson, the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting composed.

Mr. Johnson, 57, fervently denied the report, saying at a news meeting on Tuesday: “This affirmation concerning this woman, this young lady, completely has no legitimacy. These are unwarranted allegations, completely.” He said he would not leave.

However, at 4:59 p.m. on Wednesday, he composed a drifting Facebook post that indicated at suicide.