State Bank of India (SBI) made a new announcement regarding the debit card. A report says that SBI ATM Card will be closed from November 28. The bank has sent an SMS to all its customers in order to inform that the card with old magnetic strip will stop working from November 28. So, Customers who have not changed their debit card yet, then their old card will be blocked.
The bank has told the customers that the new ATM card with the EMV chip will be sent to the customers’ registered address. Customers can activate their debit card as soon as possible. The bank has taken this step because the RBI has issued guidelines for it.
According to SBI, customers will have to take an EMV chip ATM instead of the old card. For this, the deadline of the year 2018 has been fixed. If the customer does not do this before the deadline, then the bank will block the SBI ATM card. If the deadline is over, then they will not be able to make transactions with the ATM. This is because ATM machines will not accept the old card after the deadline.
Big Announcement for SBI ATM Card Holders
SBI also informed that no conversion will be made in the conversion process of SBI ATM card. It will be absolutely free. SBI has recently merged with 6 other banks. Resultant, the number of customers of the bank has increased significantly. In such a situation, the effect of this step will be on millions of bank customers.
You have two ways to replace your old SBI ATM card with a new card. In the first method, you have to use online Net Banking. Another second one is the process of switching to your own branch.
First, we tell you the way of the branch. If you do not have internet banking facility then you will have to go to the branch near your home or where you have your account. By going to the bank you will have to fill out a form and deposit it. The employee of the bank will start the process of changing the card by informing you the information given on the form. Then you will have a new card.
If you have access to Net Banking facility then use below given instructions:
- Visit www.onlinesbi.com.
- Login here after typing your username and password.
- Click the e-service tab on the homepage.
- Now, select ATM Card Service in the menu.
- In the ATM card service, select the option of ATM / Debit Card.
- After this, a new page will open. On this page, select your savings account for which to get a new ATM card.
- After that fill the name on the card and select the type of ATM card and submit it after this.
- The new SBI ATM Card will be sent to your home within 7 days. This facility will be available daily from 8 AM to 8 PM daily.